A truly unique play space that pays homage to the former Darrell Lea Chocolate Factory that once occupied the site.
Emulating liquorice allsorts, the modular cubes are connected by a rope bridge and host a number of individual play elements that provide clear paths of play in multiple directions, resulting in no wasted areas or dead ends.
Doubling as not only a bespoke play structure but also a bold entry statement piece, the custom design makes use of a difficult and unusually shaped zone within the development.
During the design stage, TILT considered:
– The restricted and unusual shape of the site.
– Design and positioning of the equipment.
– The interface between each play element.
– Standards and performance requirements; and
– High play value and opportunity for interaction between children and their parents.